Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And I thought he'd be my mellow baby...


I was wrong. Cheerful, yes. Aggressive, yes. But not mellow.

The other day I had him sitting in his high chair. I needed to keep him occupied so I gave him a quarter of a graham cracker, which I thought would buy me at least 5 minutes.

I watched as he took it, broke it in half, stuffed both halves into his mouth, waited a minute and then swallowed. He then proceeded to bang on his tray for more.

Then, when I didn't get more cracker fast enough to suit him, he dismantled his tray. He managed to unsnap the white liner, played with it for a minute, then tossed it onto the floor and moved on to the more challenging task of taking his tray off. I couldn't believe my eyes. It's like watching the giant baby in Spirited Away destroy the house. And, by destroy the house, I don't mean make it messy. I mean take the roof off and go after the foundation with a jackhammer. We've taken to calling him the baby dinosaur because, well, it fits.

3 comments:

Brendan and Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I just love keeping up with Huck and Flannery's antics.

Huckleberry (videos) is intent on getting his little mitts on that camera. As he gains more advanced modes of locomotion he's sure to be in to everything within reach.

Baby Huckasaurus will capture the world.

Katie said...

Yes. I can see the giant baby now... wow. so funny.
there is an old Huckleberry's Restaurant and lounge out in Cburg...it's for sale.... thought of the little man.